Saturday, March 15, 2014

Card Inspiration- Sail Away

 This card was inspired by THIS pin.  I don't have that cool truck, but I do have this sail boat, and I think it does the trick quite nicely!

I used Pacific Point as a base.   On top of that I added a layer of Chocolate Chip.  Next I added a layer of newsprint.

I sponged the edges of the newsprint and the edges of the sentiment banner.  I decided to use the late birthday wishes (because the irony is that I am almost always late with my cards).

Along the bottom, I added a thin strip of chocolate with a small knot of twine.
I made two of these and put a sympathy sentiment on the second card.

I did make quite a few changes from the original by adding in extra layers and, of course, changing from a truck to a boat, and adding the twine.

Thanks for the inspiration, Pinterest!
 
guy cards are so hard to find....this is very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment