Sunday, February 2, 2014

Card Inspiration- Sympathy and Thinking of You

 This card was totally inspired by THIS Pin.

I changed almost nothing from the card that inspired this creation.

On this set (one "With Sympathy"; one "thinking of you") there are three little pearls on each side of the sentiment.  I did sponge the edges of the Crumb Cake layer using Early Espresso Ink.  I also stamped the sentiment in espresso.  I used my embossing board and a white gel pen to create the white lines on the front of the card.
I did choose to thicken up the line by being a little messy with the line drawing.  I wanted it to look a little messy, like the sponging.

On this set of cards, there is one larger pearl on each side of the sentiment.

Again, both cards work perfectly with my need for sympathy cards for sale and other general note cards for the card ministry I'm involved in.

I just realized that I don't have as many layers as the original.  See... it's my own card... but I may need to go make another with a darker layer to see what I think...  :)

Sympathy card

No comments:

Post a Comment