Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day Progress- Sympathy Cards

 So we had a snow day here in Maryland.  I L.O.V.E. a snow day!  Seriously love them!  Needless to say, I was very productive.

I made this card based on THIS pin.  One of the cool things about this card (to me) is that the 4 bases are a super neutral from one of those card packs you buy at the craft stores.  This was the last color I had left to use in the pack, and it's been sitting on my desk top for quite a while now, I must admit.  I am thrilled by the fact that I finished using the set (which makes me very happy to actually use what I have) and I love using something completely. I'm weird.)
Anyway, I have this very light neutral bases.  I punched a 2" circle in a scrap piece and used my woodgrain stamp to stamp a circle of woodgrain right on the base.  I stamped the woodgrain in Crumb Cake ink.  I also cut out Crumb Cake leaves.  You can see I tried two different leaf sprigs.  Can you tell which one I liked better?  I stamped a few sympathy cards for sale and made a few cards that would be good for my card ministry.  I used Early Espresso ink.  I also sponged a little So Saffron in on the woodgrain.  Each card also got a little button with espresso twine knotted on it with a bow.
handmade card ... clean and  simpleHere's the original, which I do love, but I am quite happy with mine, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment