Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Card Inspiration- The Final Evolution

Stampin' Up! Valentine  by Gill from Lily-byGilly: Serendipity Valentine card
This one little card that I pinned has given me so much inspiration! 
This is my third and final evolution of this card.  For this evolution, I changed the shape in the middle.  I used that groovy new(ish) punch for the sentiment that I wanted to use.  This sentiment was important to me because I wanted to enter into The Friday Mashup's weekly challenge of making a birthday themed card that included twine. 

Once I picked out this sentiment, I went searching for a punch to use.  I really wanted something that wasn't a circle... you know... shake it up a bit.  This punch was perfect.  I punched little scraps of the lighter blue (I think it was Pool Party).  Then I removed that second little shape altogether. 
I used different dotted embossing folders for the darker layer.  You gotta emboss! 

(This just in.... I missed my chance to post the cards to The Friday Mashup... grrrrrr.... I hate it when that happens!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment