Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Card Inspiration- More Masculine Birthdays

Stampin' Up! Valentine  by Gill from Lily-byGilly: Serendipity Valentine card This is one of my Pins...
There's just something about this card.  If you saw my last card inspiration, it was also with this card.  I guess you can say I've experienced what I like to call a card evolution.  It starts off with some sort of inspiration, but then it just keeps evolving... 


I have two different cards with the same basic sketch.  I started with a desire to use the "wish big" sentiment in the small circle.  I decided to add a picture of a cake with this one.  Because of the stripes on the candles, I used a stripped embossing folder.  And because I wanted to add another card to The Friday Mashup's weekly challenge, I added the twine. 

On the second one, I wanted to put some words in the larger circle with the smaller circle reading "wish big," and I decided on this stamp, which says so much more than Happy Birthday.  I added the wood embossed layer for a masculine card.  I also changed the position of the smaller piece and moved it up and overlapped it on the the larger circle, popped up of course,  (and thus, the evolution begins).

I also sponged around the edges of the smaller circle with brown ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment