Monday, January 13, 2014

The Birth of a Blog

 

So time for honesty... I never really wanted to get onto Pinterest.  People would frequently say to me, "Lisa, I can't believe that you are not on Pinterest.  You would LOVE it!" 

I eventually caved in two Christmases ago when my sister showed me the board that she had created for me!  And I do, in fact, love it. 

I really enjoy that when I am waiting in line some where, I can be patient and pass the time by checking out some cool stuff.  So I pin.  And pin.  And pin. 

But to be a person who truely uses the site for what it's intended purpose is, I also want to create.  I want to make those yummy recipes, to try to DIY, to take inspiration from Pinterest and put it to good use. 

And then I thought I'd share my adventures with Pinterest with you, World Wide Web.  Because I am sure that you care oh so very much what I think. 

But it's also a way to hold myself accountable.  If I spend the time browsing the site, I also want to be productive.  Right now, at least one experiment a week.  Maybe it's a recipe I tried.  Maybe it's a card inspiration.  Either way, I will make my mark on it, and give you some of my feedback. 

One of the things inspired by Pinterst this week for me was catfish nuggets.  I have eaten them in restaurants before and love them.  I had some catfish in the freezer (and I am trying to use what I have before I buy new), so I jumped on Pinterest to find a good recipe for the nuggets.  Above you see my finished product. 

They.  Were.  Good.  I will totally make them again.  I will say they they didn't get as dark as the picture (they never do), but I also didn't deep fry them so it is much healthier than the ones I got at that BBQ joint. 

You can see my original inspiration HERE
Herb Baked Catfish NuggetsMine look very similar! 

This is a Pinterest win! 

Welcome to the blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment