Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Recipe Inspiration- Pizza!

Today in my county is a SNOW DAY!  I'm reading all these complaints from folks on Facebook, but I could not disagree more!  I LOVE snow!  (To be fair, I am a teacher and get the day off to play, and my husband and best friend shovels the snow so I don't have to.  Trust me, it's a win-win for me.)  So after my morning reading/Bible study, I started poking around on Pinterest and saw THIS pizza recipe.  I had the Bisquick, the tomato sauce, and cheese.  And pizza sounded good.  No delivery required, thank you very much.

Here's my pizza, before and after.
 I won't call this a Pinterest fail exactly, but I will tell you that I won't be making it again.  I don't have the technical cooking/pizza dough vocabulary to tell you why I wasn't crazy about it, but I can tell you that if I just made biscuits, split them open, and made little mini-pizzas on them, it would have tasted about the same.  The crust was basically a biscuit.  I shouldn't be surprised.  It was made with Bisquick after all, but that's not what I want for my pizza crust.

Now, off to remove this pin from my board.
Pizza is always a possibility when you have Bisquick® mix on the shelf!  Making a crust has never been so quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment