Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Recipe Inspiration- Baked Mozzarella Sticks


I wanted to make this recipe for Mozzarella cheese sticks the second I saw it on Pinterest.  It looked SO GOOD!  And according to this Pin, it was really good.

Well... I cannot confirm that.  Now, to be fair, I did follow the baked recipe.  I wanted a healthier option.  Maybe if you did fry the mozzarella sticks they would be better, but I didn't want all the oil.

Now, I am of the firm belief that you can fry just about anything and it will taste good, but the baked version is not good at all.  The cheese did ooze out of the egg roll wrappers (not won-ton as the recipe dictates).  When it was super hot, fresh out of the oven, the cheese was ooey-gooey good, but the egg-roll wrapper was like this flavorless, flour blah-ness.

I was thinking of making these for a baby shower that I am hosting, and I am sooooo glad that I tested the recipe before I decided to make them and serve them to a bunch of people.

Healthy (EASY) Mozzarella Sticks. SO GOOD. low fat string cheese is wrapped in a wonton wrapper and baked at 375 degrees




No comments:

Post a Comment