Monday, January 20, 2014

Recipe Inspiration- Taco Soup

Slow Cooker Taco Soup | Browned ground beef seasoned with a package of taco seasonings is combined in a slow cooker with canned beans, tomatoes, and green chilies. Serve with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-taco-soup/detail.aspx


In an effort to prep food for the week, and because of the cold weather looming, I decided to make a soup recipe that I Pinned for Taco Soup.

Here's the picture of the pin, and below is my results, still in the crock pot after cooking on low for about 6 hours.

I used the ingredients I had and exchanged others for the ones I don't like.  I had a pound of ground pork, not beef.  I used the onion, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and corn, and I used one can of black beans and one can of white beans.  Instead of a packet of taco seasoning, I made my own following a recipe for taco seasoning.

I haven't tried it yet, but my hubbie did and said it was soooo good.  I plan on making corn muffins and topping the soup with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment