Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Picadillo in the Crock Pot

Slow Cooker PicadilloThis is the PIN that inspired my attempt at this recipe! 

Here's mine in the crock-pot before I left for my 2nd job.

To be honest, I have made this a couple of times before.  It is SOOOOOOOOO good, which is why it's had a frequent spot on my rotation.  It's actually been awhile since I've made it (definitely not since I've started this blog... two days ago).  So I thought I'd add it in. 

I followed the recipe almost exactly.  I only had two pounds of ground meat, one of beef, one of chicken.  I added a small bag of olives I got in Italy (shout out to my good buddy, Molly!  Hey, girl!), which was probably more than what the recipe calls for, and I just added a whole red pepper and whole onion.  I did not bother to measure, but I'm sure it was more than one cup.  You do have to brown the beef/chicken first, which I am often too lazy to do.  However, it is worth the extra work. 

I cooked some brown rice, and when I get home from work at about 7:30, my house is gonna smell good!  But that's not dinner.  (Dinner was my own creation, not Pinterest inspired so I won't go into detail.  Let's just say, it's gonna be pretty darn good!
And this is the finished product..... Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment